We take securing your data and preserving your privacy very seriously. No system can be 100% secured, and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Orbitmuse Inc., the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the information we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
What We Collect
In order for you to create an account on Orbitmuse’s website and use our services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Any information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on Orbitmuse, including when you register as a user of the Services, upload or submit any material through Orbitmuse, or request any information;
- Your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
- Details of any requests, correspondence or transactions you make through the Services;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that you submit to Orbitmuse in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users
- Information about your activity on and interaction with Orbitmuse, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use; and
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- your payment information you provide, such as credit card, payment or banking information
- your password details
- your IP address
- your location
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We don’t give your personal information to any third-party services, except when it’s necessary to provide Orbitmuse’s Services (such as payment processors). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the Orbitmuse Services, we require that they protect your personal information to the same standards we do.
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Orbitmuse’s legal rights.
When you create an account, you create a basic profile page for you on Orbitmuse, containing your account name, the date the account was created, and a list of Services you have participated in. Whenever your account name appears on Orbitmuse (for instance, when you post comments, send messages, or contribute to Campaigns), people can click your account name to see your profile. Here are some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on Orbitmuse:
- the account name, and the date it was created;
- information you choose to be publicly displayed on your profile (like a picture, contact information, bio, or your location);
- any time you interact or transmit content publicly, such as posting comments, photographs, or sending messages to others.
Uses of your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- send you marketing communications we think you may find useful, but only in accordance with your email preferences;
- present Services which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
- analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services;
- to research and respond to your questions, communications, support request and potential abuse;
- to the extent we determine that it is necessary to cooperate with law enforcement and/or comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
We do not and will not sell your data.
If you provide us with money for our Services, we may collect certain information regarding your transaction (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your transaction. You will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including but not limited to your name, credit card information, billing address and zip code. We do not access, store or collect your credit card information.
If you are a Creator or an Instructor, we may enable you to link to a Third Party Platform for payment services. When you link such account, you allow us to collect and use certain information from such accounts to provide those payments, such as your payment account email address or account ID, physical address, and other information necessary for us to send payment to such account. We do not access, store, or collect your payment card or bank account information. The collection, use, and disclosure of your information will also be subject to the privacy policies and other terms of the payment account providers. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements.
Third Party Platforms
Our Services may contain third party links or allow you to access our Services through Third Party Platforms. If you use our Services in conjunction with a Third Party Platform, including any mobile and/or other Internet connected devices, or click on third party links, the collection, use, and disclosure of your information and your use of the Services will also be subject to the privacy policies and other terms of such third parties or Third Party Platforms. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements.
Communication With Us
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send. We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time. We may send you service-related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Changes to Your Personal Information
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
Policy Regarding Children
Do Not Track Disclosure
A Note to Users Outside Of the United States
Orbitmuse stores information about visitors to our Services and Users on servers located in the United States. By using our Services, you consent to storage of your information inside the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, please know the data and personal information you submit will be transferred to and stored in servers in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our Services, you consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of your data in and to the United States.
Orbitmuse Habitat Privacy Information
Orbitmuse Boost Privacy Information
When you make a Contribution to a Campaign, the Campaign’s Creator will know your account name, the amount you have contributed, and the reward you have selected. Creators never receive a Contributor’s credit card details or other payment information.
If a Campaign you made a Contribution to is successfully funded, the Creator will receive your email address associated with your Orbitmuse account. They may also send you a survey requesting information needed to provide your reward. (For instance, they may need your mailing address, or T-shirt size.) Any information you provide in such surveys will be received by the Creator.
Creators may also receive anonymized information about the ways people visit and interact with their Campaign pages, in the form of routine traffic analytics. You can choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
Orbitmuse Masters Privacy Information
Orbitmuse allows you to enroll in and take Courses on a variety of topics which are taught by Instructors where, among other things, you may see reviews for Courses by others. We collect information relating to taking Courses, including course, assignment, and completion activity, interchanges with the Course Instructors and other Students, answers to questions, essays and other items submitted to satisfy the Course requirements, ("Course Information").
By using our Services, you consent to our sharing of information you provide us with to Instructors. Orbitmuse does not share Students’ email addresses or payment information to Instructors. Orbitmuse does not control how Instructors treat your information and is not liable for Instructors’ use of such information.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com.