Frequently Asked Questions
Orbitmuse Boost is a crowd funding platform for new Space projects. Everything from satellites, launch logistics, rocketry, manned missions, rover design, astroid mining, to software. Orbitmuse Boost is full of ambitious, innovative, and imaginative projects that are brought to life through the direct support of people like you!
Q: What are the basics of crowd funding Space projects?
A: A project is a finite work with a clear goal that you’d like to bring to life. Think CubeSat, virtual reality, Solar Sail, exoplanet discovery software, etc. The funding goal is the amount of money that a creator needs to complete their project. Funding on Ascendio is all-or-nothing. No one will be charged for a pledge towards a project unless it reaches its funding goal. This way, creators always have the budget they scoped out before moving forward.
- A Creator is the person or team behind the project idea, working to bring it to life.
- Contributor are folks who pledge money to join creators in bringing projects to life.
- Rewards are a Creator's chance to share a piece of their project with their Contributor community. Typically, these are one-of-a-kind experiences, limited editions, or copies of the creative work being produced.
Q: What types of projects is Boost for?
A: Everything on Orbitmuse Boost must be a project that focuses on Space. A project has a clear goal, like making a CubeSat satellite. A project will eventually be completed, and something will be produced by it.
Orbitmuse does not allow campaigns to fundraise for charity or offer financial incentives. Check out our rules for details.
Your campaign can be anything that you want to create and share with others. It could be a hardware design, software, satellite bus, a laser communications relay, a robotic arm... pretty much anything you dream up that would go to Space can find a home on Orbitmuse. Just keep your project focused, with a clear end goal, and you’ll be good.
Q: Who do I contact for help with getting my campaign started?
A: Please use our general support page or send your request using our form. We will answer questions and requests as soon as possible.
Q: How do I quickly get my project up on Orbitmuse Boost?
A: Crowdfunding on our platform is quite easy, but please follow the getting started instructions here:
- Make sure your project’s funding goal and rewards are realistic, and abide by our terms of service.
- Pricing for crowdfunding transactions and related fees is listed on our pricing page.
- Add your bank account information. You can begin to receive donations as soon as you configure this in your account.
- We recommend a profile picture and a full profile. This builds trust with donors and the community.
- We recommend a business profile and logo. An example company listing: https://www.orbitmuse.com/network/companies/4
- Check out our getting started handbook.
- Drop us a line, we would love to hear from you!
Can't find what you're looking for?